Can you really help train a dog without ever meeting the dog?
Yes. Many times, once there is sufficient environmental information and some history, a knowledgeable behavior consultant can give out flexible training and management plans so the dog and the humans can start having less stress and more success. We are not claiming “perfection”, we are stating that once the humans in the dog’s life have a proper perspective, based on applied behavior analysis, and a proactive training plan, they will do better. People still need to do the work, and focus on their behavior. No one has “magic”, dogs require work, and a plan based in legit applied behavior analysis is better than winging it or yelling at the dog.
Can you help me find a force free dog trainer in my area?
Yes, we have a network of knowledge certified dog trainers that can step in and assist you with our training plans.
Can I send you a video of my dog doing the behavior?
Yes, but only after we have finalized the phone consult. We do not review videos for free.
Do you handle aggression cases via phone consults?
Yes, however we also place you in the service of a force free dog trainer in your area or as close to you as possible. The first step in aggression cases in management so the behavior is in not rehearsed.
Do you help with House Training?
Yes we have easy to follow training plans for house training.
Do you help with Leash Reactivity Issues?
Yes, that is one of our specialties.
Do you help with multiple dogs in a home that are fighting?
Yes. The first step in aggression cases in management so the behavior is in not rehearsed. Then there needs to be a proactive counter conditioning plan in place.
Do you help with basic issues of impulse control, and dogs that are high energy?
Yes, many times once the dog has their needs met daily, with walks, play, and training by the humans not complaining, meaning the humans stop saying “NO” and yelling the dog’s name all day, and they start training and teaching, and the dog’s diet is dialed in, the dog does much better.
Do you deal with separation anxiety?
Yes, we have some of the best remedial plans around for addressing separation anxiety and we will help you find a dog trainer or behavior consultant in your area that understand the complexities of separation anxiety.
Why do you not use any shock collars, prong collars, or subscribe to dominating the dog to teach them who is the leader?
We are 100% force free, that means we do not use or suggest using anything that causes dogs fear or pain.
- Dogs generalize fear easily, so if they are fearful of you or your home, all else will come with a warning sign. We do not want dogs to be fearful, as fear is the cause for aggression.
- Stopping a dog from doing something with fear and force is not teaching them they are safe. All dogs process all information as safe, unsafe or neutral, and humans can gain lots of trust in dogs by working towards making them feel safe.
- Dogs learn better and faster when they are not fearful or in pain.
- Dogs have the cognition of a three-year-old child by the time they are socially mature by ages 2 – 3. Dogs do not have the cognition to formulate any moral imperatives to be bad, stubborn or cause humans any stress, dogs have a simple agenda, safety first, food and water second, and fun social activities with dogs or humans third. That is pretty much it.
- It is simply not the modern way to train dogs. Any approach that includes causing a dog fear or pain is outdated, abusive and potently harmful to the dog’s behavioral pathology or dangerous to them physically. Dogs are innocent and humans are here to be the dog’s guardian, protector and teacher, not lord and master.
- Behavior is in the environment not “in the dog”. Meaning something ha to occur for the dog to respond. Once humans understand this, and they focus on their behavior and the environment, and have a plan, the dog does much better.
- Change the environment and change the dog’s behavior. Humans are the variable we focus on once we know what the dog may or may not do in what environments it has been observed.
- The dirty little secret in dog training is that it is all about human changing their behavior.